Choosing a Hosting Provider is decision that should not be based on cost alone. Consideration should be given to location of data center, type of data center, support, and types of hosting solutions offered. The preceding list is just a partial list and could go for several pages. Nerd Boy has partnered with some of the largest hosting providers in the world to provide you with the best hosting solutions possible and with customer interaction and support only a small hands on business can provide to their clients. By partnering with Nerd Boy for you hosting solutions you get the support of being a client with name, not just the support of a client with a Account ID.
The data centers Nerd Boy uses are all hardened custom built data centers. They are not in Nerd Boy’s garage, workshop, or in a strip mall down the street. Nerd Boy has access to data centers all around the world. Location include but not limited to: Grapevine – TX, Richardson – TX, Chicago – IL, Herndon – VA, Ashburn – VA, London – UK, Slough – UK, Hong Kong.
The following information has been taken from the pages of the companies we have partnered with to provide the Nerd Boy Hosting Solutions. If you have any questions in regards to the data centers or the equipment we use to provide our Nerd Boy Hosting Solutions, do not hesitate to contact us via our Contact Page.
Network Up Time Isn’t Wishful Thinking
We know that every second your network is down you’re losing opportunities, revenue and the confidence of your users and visitors. So with that in mind, we designed and built our network to focus on uptime, and created aggressive Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to show just how much we believe in our network.
- We use the network only for our customers’ hosting needs, never sharing it with telecom services or cable TV services that would negatively affect your service.
- The only bandwidth we use is high performance bandwidth, which usually isn’t the case with cheaper hosting providers.
- To provide multiple redundancies in the flow of information to and from our data centers, we partner with nine network providers.
- Every fiber carrier must enter our data centers at separate points. This is to protect you from complete service failures caused by an unlikely network cut.
- You get fast and reliable network connections because our Proactive Network Management methodology monitors route efficiency and end-user performance, automatically improving the network’s topology and configuration in real-time.
- The network’s configuration, co-developed with Cisco, guards against any single points of failure at the shared network level. We even provide you with the option to extend it to your VLAN environment.
- Cisco and Arbor Networks continually work with us, creating ever-improving ways of monitoring and securing our network.
- Key card protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to every one of our data centers.
- Only authorized data center personnel are granted access credentials to our data centers. No one else can enter the production area of the data center without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before they’re hired.
- Every data center’s HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in our data centers are circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants.
- Our advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
- Should a total utility power outage ever occur, all of our data centers’ power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- Our UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous fail over if the primary UPS fails.
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely
Core Routing Equipment
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment is used in our data centers.
- Fiber carriers enter our data centers at disparate points to guard against service failure.
- We require that the networking and security teams working in our data centers be certified. We also require that they be thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise level networks.
- Our Certified Network Technicians are trained to the highest industry standards.